Behind the Scenes at Simply Good Eating – East Central Minnesota Simply Good Eating Program Transcript (126 K PDF)
Simply Good Eating
Simply Good Eating gives you ideas for fresh, flavorful, low-cost meals along with ways to put more activity into your life.
- Want to host a class? Visit the Program Overview page to learn more or call Ross Safford at 612-625-7070.
- Want to attend a class? Use this map to contact the program coordinator in your region. Classes are free for those who meet income guidelines.
- Are you an older adult? Connect with others through Eat Smart, Live Strong (use this map to contact a program coordinator in your area) and get tips on healthy aging on our For Older Adults page.
- Want healthy eating and active living tools? Browse the For Families section.
- Want help shopping at the farmers markets on a budget? Visit the Farmers Market page for tips and recipes.
Try It — You'll Like It!
Everyone can find something to like about Simply Good Eating. Here’s what some of our participants have to say:
- “Guess what I do every single day of my life? Every day I eat super yogurt for breakfast, just like we learned in class!”— Fourth grader from Lake County when talking to the community educator he remembered from HeadStart Simply Good Eating classes
- “I thought it was going to be a chore but really enjoyed and learned a lot. Awesome!!"— Young mother from St. Louis County, a self-described picky eater
- "I've learned how to stretch my money for food. I've also learned how to cook quick and good tasting meals. I learned to eat some foods from each of the food groups...I know that it's better to eat food that is colorful and has variety from each group. I really enjoy these classes and had a lot of my questions answered." — Isanti County mother
Where to Find Us
We teach throughout Minnesota and partner with other organizations to provide the following:
- Group sessions in your neighborhood grocery store, food shelf, WIC clinic, or Head Start
- Simply Good Cooking (378 K PDF) and Cooking Matters® Minnesota courses
- One-time events at community partner sites like schools, day-care center, shelters, and county Human Services offices
- In-home visits (limited availability)
Click on your county or region on the map below or call Ross Safford at 612-625-7070 to find out what is available in your area. Interested in partnering with Extension? Visit the For Partners section.
For Partners — Learn more about the Simply Good Eating program and how it works.
Nutrition for the Underserved: The Implications — Results from focus groups with limited resource individuals. Highlights implications for four different cultural groups.
Healthy Eating — Support your health at every stage of life with the foods you eat.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Food Assistance Programs — Minnesota Department of Human Services — Learn how to apply for food assistance and other food support.
Find Hunger and Food Resources— Hunger Solutions Minnesota — Find a food shelf, Meals on Wheels, Summer Food Service Program, food support office, or WIC program near you.
Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) Program — Minnesota Department of Health — Supplemental food program for pregnant women, infants and children. Find an office near you: English | Spanish | Hmong | Somali