- Rising to the Challenge of Rising Corn Prices: Proactive Options for the Pork Industry
- Prioritizing Your Energy Investment
- Feeding guidelines for swine
- Use of corn DDGS in pig diets
- Articles on DDGS use in swine diets
- Cost calculators
- Weekly Outlook On Hogs
- Weekly Hog, Sow, and Gilt Slaughter Comparisons
- Quarterly Hogs & Pigs Report Summary
Financial and Business Management Resources:
- Financing Hog Operations (pdf)
- Cash Flow Budgeting A Weather Forecast for Your Business(pdf)
- Fiscal Fitness: Liquidity (pdf)
- Solvency and Repayment Capacity Issues Facing the Swine Farmer (pdf)
- Strategic Decisions and Business Plans (pdf)
- Credit Score: What it Means to your Business (pdf)
- Establishing Fair Market Value of Swine Facilities (pdf)
- Farm Management fact sheets
- What Does it Take to Earn a Living on the Farm? (pdf)
- Why Can't Agriculture Be Like it Was in the 1970's Comparing a 1970's Farm with Current Farm Returns/Cost of Living (pdf)
- Farm Transfer factsheets
- Guide to Developing a Business Plan for Farms and Rural Businesses
- Whole Farm Planning: Combining Family, Profit, and Environment
UMN Extension Factsheets
- Agricultural Production Contracts (FO-7302).
- Bankruptcy: The Last Resort (FO-2598).
- Bankruptcy: Chapter 7 Liquidations (FO-7295).
- Bankruptcy: Chapter 11 Reorganizations (FS-7296).
- Bankruptcy: Chapter 12 Reorganizations (FO-7301).
- Contracts, Notes and Guaranties (FS-2590).
- Farm Leases (FS-2593).
- Financing the Farm Operation (FS-2589).
- Mortgage Foreclosures (FO-7297).
- Mortgages and Contracts for Deed (FO-7293).
- Rights of Unsecured Creditors (FO-7299).
- Security Interests in Personal Property (FO-7292).
- Tax Considerations in Liquidations and Reorganizations (FO-7300).
- Termination of Contracts for Deed (FS-7294).
- Termination of Security Interests in Personal Property (FO-7298).
Stress, Family, and Others:
- Taking Care of the Family during Adverse Times on the Farm
- Adjusting to Suddenly Reduced Income
- Change: Loss, Opportunity, and Resilience
- Staying Resilient in Times of Change presentation
- Losing a Way of Life? Ambiguous Loss in Farm Families
- Community agencies that can help
- Identifying sources of friendship and support
- Managing stress
- Helping children cope
Ted Mathews, Mental Health Professional, Farm Business Management Program, (320)585-5671, email@example.com.